- Part-time Certificate in Education/PGCE
- Fulltime PGCE ED62 and ED24.
Professional knowledge within post compulsory teacher education; vocational versus academic pedagogy.
- Doctorate in Education Institute of Education University of London 2008
- Educational Research E835 Open University 1998
- MA in Education (Management) Open University 1997
- BSc (Hons) in Zoology from Manchester University 1974.
- Certificate in Education Lancashire Polytechnic. 1990
Other professional responsibilities
- External Verifier for City and Guilds FEITT since 2007
- 18 months working at Nord Anglia Education Ltd as Training and Development manager working on the Advanced Learning Coach Training (ALC) on behalf of the Learning and Skills Improvement Service (LSIS).
- Tutor of Biological Sciences in several FE colleges in both a part-time and associate role between 1987b and 1994. Programme Leader for Further Education Initial Teaching (FEITT) qualifications at Runshaw College from 1994-2002, and then at East Berkshire College until 2008.
- Journal articles
- Book chapters
- FENTO as an issue in Post Compulsory Education Journal of the National Association for Staff Development No 46 January 2002
- A Year after FENTO Journal of the National Association for Staff Development No 44 January 2001
- The Value of Microteaching, FENTO and Reflective Practice, Journal of the National Association for Staff Development No 43 June 2000
- Chapter 2 and 3 in Fawbert (eds) (2003) Teaching and Learning in the Post Compulsory Sector: Learning and Skills. Continuum